2012-10-11

MeeGo Tale

Taskumuro did a pretty cool job in collecting the story of MeeGo. Despite all the chaos, annoyances, and all, I loved working there. I'm happy that I stayed until the end and I'm extremely proud of the N9 product.

After the WP announcement in Feb11, when I still was at Nokia, I felt a bit like I had a deckchair on Titanic and most of the stuff we had been doing was just rearranging the seats while the boat hit iceberg. All that was left to do was to see the boat sinking and save whatever we could. If you read the article, I think you will understand my feelings at the time.

Luckily, a lot of the stuff we did is out there as contributions to various open source projects, and there is Jolla to continue coming out with cool Linux-based devices.

No comments:

Post a Comment